Repair or Replace Teeth with High-Quality Dental Crowns
Decayed or damaged teeth can be at risk for further harm if left unprotected. Dental crowns are a trusted option for dental repair and are often used to provide structural support and protection to compromised teeth. Patients at Koyfman Dental in Orlando, FL, have the option of receiving dental crowns made with the highest quality materials available, including porcelain, IPS e.Max®, or zirconia. Some patients may also be able to receive their porcelain crown in just one appointment. Dr. Gita Rewari and Dr. Michael Koyfman will work with you to find an option that protects your health for years to come. Our commitment to patients has earned us a vote as a Top Dentist in Orlando Magazine.
Uses for Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can be used for a variety of dental issues, including:
- Protecting a tooth susceptible to infection
- Preventing a tooth from further breakage
- Restoring structural integrity to a broken tooth
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Providing additional support to a large filling
- Concealing cosmetic imperfections
A dental crown can be an optimal solution for addressing these needs as well as many others, depending on a patient's needs and goals as well as the location of the tooth.
Restoring Smiles with Same-Day Crowns
Types of Dental Crowns
At Koyfman Dental, we provide three types of dental crowns:
- Typically, all-porcelain dental crowns are recommended for upper front teeth to maintain optimal aesthetics. Porcelain crowns can be fabricated for same-day restorations for qualifying patients.
- IPS e.max
- This material is often selected by patients due to the aesthetic and restorative benefits, providing natural-looking results and strength that make the crowns fracture-resistant.
- Zirconia crowns are known for being durable; however, they do not offer the same cosmetic benefits as porcelain or IPS e.max. This material is often used for posterior crowns. While both porcelain and IPS e.max crowns can be created at our office, zirconia crowns must be crafted by a technician at a local dental lab.
In addition to these types of crowns, we can also provide implant-supported dental crowns for long-term tooth replacement. Your dental implant procedure can be completed from start to finish here in our office.
Preparing for Your Dental Crown
Typically, dental crown placement requires two appointments. However, some patients may be candidates for same-day dental crowns that can be fabricated in just hours using our CEREC milling machine. Prior to beginning treatment, you will need to attend a consultation during which your doctor will evaluate your oral health and determine which solution is best for you. Patients suffering from serious decay may also require root canal therapy before their crown is placed.
Dental crowns are a useful solution for many patients that can prevent further damage or even tooth loss.
When receiving a traditional crown, the doctor must first prepare your tooth so that the crown can comfortably cover the entire surface. For your comfort, we will apply a local anesthetic to the treatment area. If necessary, we can also provide deeper sedation for patients with anxiety or dental phobia. Your dentist will then file the tooth as necessary to accommodate the crown. If your tooth is broken or severely chipped, your doctor may need to supplement the structure using a filling material to properly support the crown.
Accurate & Reliable Placement
Once your existing tooth has been reshaped, we will then take detailed impressions of the tooth to create your customized dental crown. Using CEREC technology, we can create digital images which are much more comfortable than traditional dental impressions. From these images, a dental technician can create your crown for a comfortable and precise fit. You will be provided with a temporary crown until your follow-up appointment.
During your second visit, your crown will be bonded to the tooth using dental cement. You should be able to use your repaired tooth as you normally would immediately following placement.
Compassionate Dental Care
At Koyfman Dental, we prioritize your oral health needs to not only care for current issues but also to plan for the future. Dental crowns are a useful solution for many patients that can prevent further damage or even tooth loss. If you believe you may benefit from a dental crown, contact us online or by phone at (407) 641-2302 to schedule a consultation. We also invite you to look over 1,000 reviews to learn why patients choose our practice.